Conference Information and Guidance
Zoom Webinar Conference Format
Up to 500 participants are able to join the Zoom Webinar at one time, and over 600 people have expressed interest in attending the conference. Once we reach capacity, no one will be able to join the webinar, unless someone leaves.
Please DO NOT share the Zoom links!
We are recording all presentations and streaming the conference using Facebook Live.
- All attendees are muted and unable to share their screen or turn on their camera.
- Chat: Use this feature to chat with panelists or other attendees throughout the conference.
- Be sure to select who you would like your message to go to before sending your message.
- Q & A: Use this feature to ask specific questions about the presentations. Most questions will be answered live at the end of presentations. Some questions will be provided a written response by presenters or conference coordinators.
- CC Closed Caption: Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) will be available for all presentations on May 13th and May 14th.
- Turn on this service by selecting “Show Subtitles” or “View Full Transcript.”
- Audio Settings:
- Spanish Interpretation Services: All sessions will be simultaneously interpreted from English to Spanish on both days of the conference. This service is provided to all conference attendees that registered for the Spanish Track.
- Raise Hand: This feature is disabled. Please use the chat and Q&A boxes.
- All panelists are the Speakers, Presenters, and Conference Coordinators.
- Panelists can unmute their microphones, turn on their cameras, share their screen, and have access to view and respond to attendees in the Q & A box and the Chat box.
- Most questions asked in the Q & A box will be answered live at the end of presentations. Some questions will be provided a written response by presenters or conference coordinators.
Room Moderators (RM)
- RMs will provide technical support and communicate with conference coordinators.
- RMs will be monitoring the chatbox for any questions that need to be added to the Q & A.
- May gently encourage you to put your question(s) in the Q & A for Panelists.
Whova App or Web-based Access
For more information about the 2020 Autism Conference and Expo of Georgia, please download the Whova app to your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet. Once you download the app, search for the conference’s name and sign in using the email address you used to register on Whova. You can use the app to access the agenda, create your own schedule, network with other attendees, and access other information about the event.
If you would prefer to access the web-based version, please input the following web address into your browser: https://whova.com/webapp/e/acaeo_202005/
The web-based version contains similar information and gives you access to most of the app’s features.
***All important conference updates will be posted in Whova by the “Conference Coordinator”. In order to stay up-to-date with all conference happenings, be sure to check Whova throughout the event.
Session Feedback and Conference Evaluation
Evaluations give attendees the opportunity to provide feedback on presenters, speakers, and the overall conference.
- You can provide session feedback for each session you attend directly through the Whova app by clicking on the session and selecting “Rate.”
- If you are using the web-based version, click on the session and select “Send Feedback.”
Please be sure to complete this at the end of the session. A conference evaluation survey is also available through Whova. We can also send a link to our survey to complete the conference evaluation electronically. Upon completion, you will be provided a link to print the conference certificate of attendance.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
CEUs will not be provided; however, upon completion of the conference evaluation, you will be provided a link to the certificate of attendance.
Keep the Conversation Going!
Join us on social media: