Increase provision of supported and customized employment services for adults with autism.
- Objective 1a: In collaboration with Employment First of Georgia, the Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Services, and Georgia DBHDD, create, implement and evaluate trainings on best practices for individualized employment for adults with autism.
- Objective 2a: Develop an awareness campaign to educate adults with autism, their families, and their communities on individualized employment services.
Expand the number of housing and residential supports available for adults with autism in Georgia.
- Objective 2a: In collaboration with the Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA), identify resources and options for housing to accommodate individuals with autism.
- Objective 2b: Link housing and residential options to education, career development, and other support programs to provide adults with autism the services they need along one continuum.
Increase the availability of specialized community services, including career & financial supports, for adults with autism who have complex needs.
- Objective 3a: In collaboration with DBHDD funded provider agencies, create, implement and evaluate trainings on best practices for support of full community participation for adults with autism.
- Objective 3b: Develop marketing and awareness media campaigns to educate adults with autism, their families and their communities on accessing specialized community based services.
- Objective 3c: In collaboration with Georgia DBHDD and Georgia DCA, ensure access to needed services and supports using Medicaid and waivers.